Friday, July 23, 2010

Lakefest

Summer is a time to relax, to get together with friends and family. It's a time to have some fun partying, go out to the beach or even on the lake, barbecue some great meals, play outside, and, of course, blow things up.
This past weekend was one of the greatest celebrations of the year in my hometown; "Lakefest". It's pretty much a giant block party with fireworks! It's a great time, but I sure did miss someone who's presence would've made it all the much better (love!)
I had my cousin to keep me company though, and keep me sane in all the chaos that was certain to leak the block and a half from the lake to our house. We walked down to the fireworks early, and got a great seat right on the edge of the water!
This one totally looks like it could be a smoke monster! Rawr.
If I were to create a sci-fi or fantasy world, the night sky would probably look similar to this shot.

And this one is for those of you who know what nationality I'm most proud of (think of the hair...) I caught this shot accidentally and didn't even notice the reflection in the water until I was reviewing the pictures the next night.

And finally, back by popular demand, more sparklers! This was taken on the fourth, similar to the original sparkler picture.
Ok, well that's all of it, yeah it's a longer post than usual, but I took so many pictures, and even though I weeded a lot of them out, I just couldn't limit myself to the usual 2 or 3. So that's why It's a longer post tonight! I'm getting a lot more comfortable with being myself on a blog (and with my camera!), and as I've said in probably every other post, I'm learning my unique style of blogging, so I hope you don't mind the difference in styles whilst I figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment